To enter French or Spanish territory, EU citizens must have a (valid) national identity document or (valid) national passport.

Foreign residents of non-EU countries can visit the information pages of the Spanish Ministry o​​f Foreign Affairs or the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out whether they need to obtain a visa to visit either of the two countries. 

Minors, travelling alone or accompanied by other persons, as well as the national identity card, must carry authorization from the father, mother or legal guardian.


In Spain, access control will be performed prior to boarding the train at all stations. In France, the control will be carried out on the platform or en route by our on-board service personnel.

Travellers must always be sure to have the ticket that corresponds to the train in which they will travel, together with any documents justifying price reductions in the case of passengers travelling with a special fare.